5 Simple Reasons You Should Use Xylitol
- Xylitol serves as an effective sugar substitute for diabetics and non-diabetics. Xylitol use also provides excellent dental benefits. Using xylitol has many benefits:
- Delicious sweet taste… with no unpleasant aftertaste
- Helps reduce the development of dental caries
- Reduces plaque formation
- Increases salivary flow to aid in the repair of damaged tooth enamel
- Provides one third fewer calories than sugar
- May be useful as a sugar alternative for people with diabetes (on the advice of their healthcare providers)
Xylitol Dental Benefits
Studies using xylitol as either a sugar substitute or a small dietary addition have demonstrated a dramatic reduction in new tooth decay, along with arrest and even some reversal of existing dental caries. This xylitol benefit is long-lasting and possibly permanent. Low decay rates persist even years after the trials have been completed.
It’s 100% natural.
Xylitol is not an artificial substance, but a normal part of everyday metabolism. Xylitol is widely distributed throughout nature in small amounts.
In the amounts needed to prevent tooth decay (less than 15 grams per day), xylitol benefits and is safe for everyone. The World Health Organization has given xylitol its safest rating for food additives.
It’s convenient to use.
Xylitol can be conveniently delivered to your teeth via chewing gum, tablets, or even candy. You don’t need to change your normal routine to make room for Xylitol.
It tastes great!
One of the best xylitol benefits is its great taste! Xylitol is a health regimen that doesn’t require iron willpower or discipline. Xylitol tastes so good, using it becomes automatic, for both adults and children.